Yet Another Reminder -for myself-: NEVER ATTEMPT TO touch a freaking windows install if it seems to be in working order.
This is the sad conclusion of my last attempt to upgrade my notebook ( SSD 256G -> 512G )
- [ ] Backup from usb drive used as install medium
- [ ] Download netinst iso including firmwares
- [ ] burn iso to pendrive with rufus/dd
- [ ] partition new drive with live system ( GPT yayy )
- [ ] re-write iso to pendrive ( uefi+GPT :'( ) :)
- [ ] set bios to uefi mode
- [ ] install debian
- [ ] ignore warning about not fully localized installer ( yeah had 3 english strings )
- [ ] force gpt
- [ ] Happy.. almost
- [ ]
timedatectl set-local-rtc 1
- [ ] Download windows iso
- [ ] rename pendrive files&folders: [ ] boot [ ] efi [ ] autorun.inf
- [ ] extract windows iso contents to pendrive
- [ ] install win$
- [ ] shrug off random crashes & reboots during the install. its just microsoft..
- [ ] click-clack the "settings" screen so you indicate that they shouldnt measure the amount of methane you produce while farting..
- [ ] well yea if you've had a network cable plugged in you are.. ..too late.. [ ] and now the wsus nightmare begings..
- [ ] Fck you we are not going to install the updates because we cant write software that works, just pacthing this shithole all the time over-and-over
- [ ] now burn your machine..
- [ ] Finally a day later i worked around the self-destructive os -which would be better called a crapfest- by downloading the latest ISO and doing a fresh install over the previous system.. .. this is a nightmare.. really.
Dear Microsoft. Congratulations on building the worst imaginable system. Kudos on spreading it like a desease.. Hopefully its going to end up like your crappy IE & Edge browsers..